There are plenty of backup programs out on the internet to keep your files safe, very few are capable of making an exact copy of your hard drive, complete with passwords, bookmarks and any other settings you’ve customized. Clonezilla Live is a free disk cloning and data recovery program that allows you to do just that. The special ‘Live’ image of that can be copied to a USB stick or DVD.
As Clonezilla boots into your RAM memory, it can easily copy data on your hard disk to an external drive. You can download it from here. Follow below steps after downloading.
- To install clone software live, the basic steps are to download pre-build live version then put it in a boot media (CD, USB flash drive or USB hard drive). Two types of files are available, iso and zip. The former one is for CD, the latter is for USB flash drive. Besides, you can put Clonezilla live on a hard drive or PXE server, too.
- Download and install Unetbootin on your MS Windows computer.
- From MS Windows, run the unetbootin program and follow the instructions in the GUI to install Clonezilla Live on your USB flash drive.
- Once you have the bootable software Live media, as created in the above step you can boot it on the machine you want to clone.
- If necessary, you can set the first boot priority in the BIOS as USB-HDD or USB-ZIP so that it can boot Clonezilla Live from your USB flash drive.
- Choose the preferred language and select start the software. choose the device image to work with disks and partitions.
- Choose local_dev option to assign sdb1 as the image home.
- Select sdb1 as an image repository, then choose save disk option.
- Clonezilla is saving disk image (SDA) to the partition of 2nd disk (sdb1)